Tuesday, September 25, 2007

As you can see, I'm not in Minnesota anymore

But that doesn't mean the Man of Constant Leisure can't find his way to the water.

Yesterday, I spent four hours at the San Francisco Municipal Pier, where I demonstrated my rank incompetence as a saltwater fisherman.

It was beautiful, though--pelicans and cormorants everywhere, spectacular vistas of Golden Gate and Alcatraz. I saw a seal as it devoured a stingray. My type of spectacle.

The guy in the picture--Ny--gave me some useful tips on local angling and crabbing techniques. He caught this red crab in a trap baited with part of a chicken carcass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe you and ny can make a start up, its the california thing to do.

Email-A-Crab. Send crab photos to crabby bosses, girlfriends, randalls, and other crabs. You'll be rich.